Ready to Keep it Real???

Your comments are welcomed... Your questions will be answered!


Just keep it real....

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Living With Family

If you had asked me a year ago if I would ever live with my parents again I would have replied with a definite "NO". It just goes to show how much can change in one year. My little sister first moved in with me and my husband so that she could attend college here in Jersey. That left my mother and step-dad living in Arizona alone and over 2000 miles away from their children. My mom came to visit and somehow during her short time here she had the notion that she wanted to live here to be closer to us. Yes, I was happy to have her live closer since I have lived so far away for over 10 years. It just so happened that we just bought a new home with an enormous basement and her next idea was that they could totally remodel the basement and live here...in my house....with us! Ok, so I said yes. I mean how bad could it be? They would have their own space, room, bathroom, living room, and kitchen down there. Well, things never go quite as planned. Once they were here, and remember they gave up everything in Arizona including their own home, things did not end up as we had planned. The laws and the huge amount of money needed to remodel the basement are rediculous. So, they along with my sister took over the entire upstairs three bedrooms and bathroom. Their stuff is all over my basement and my life has drastically changed. Thank heavens that I have an understanding and patient husband. I am still trying to cope. Our life went from quiet and alone to noisy and constantly surrounded by people. Living with your parents and family is not easy. I feel as though at some point everyday I am extremely frustrated and annoyed. Everything upsets me from the way my refridgerator now looks to the constant input on my life they feel they have the right to add. Don't get me wrong, in many ways I am happy they are here. However, I am not sure how to get back the peace I once felt by being in my own little bubble world with my husband.

I would love to hear any suggestions or advice. How do you live with family?

No comments:

Post a Comment